Classroom Picture 2



Okay, I couldn't take it... Here is one more picture before I sign off for the night.  This is taken from a different vantage point than the first.  You can see my smartboard at the front.  To the right of the smartboard is my dry erase board and writing bulletin board.  The door to the classroom is to the right.  Hanging on the wall is a blue mini pocket chart that I use for book checkout.  Underneath the smart board and dry erase board are tubs (the kind you use for dishes) filled with books.  That is my classroom library.  The books are organized by theme.  Just about every book has a pocket with an index card so the children can check them out and take them home.  My philosophy is the more you read the better you read.  So...my goal is to get as many books as possible into the hands of children.

I've organized the student desks into a rectangle where everyone is facing in. I like that I can get to everyone quickly and that we can easily have class discussions where everyone can see everyone else.  I still have to velcro the name tags to the desks.  (Don't get me started on the wonders of industrial strength velcro...Just know that I LOVE it!)

Back to Home Page 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate helpful and productive feedback. Kindness counts!

Join Me in Spreading Literacy

Join me in an effort to spread literacy by posting pictures of your pets, cute animals, or natural backgrounds with the word “Read” written ...