An Idea

I just had an idea this afternoon that I am debating on doing next year.  I would appreciate your thoughts...

While grading papers, I was thinking about how far the children have come since the beginning of the year.  I was also reflecting on the common core standards and the first grade mastery checklist that I need to fill out again this quarter.

Wouldn't it be nice if every child had a testing binder to document their progress?  Now I'm not talking about the regular assessment file or data notebook each teacher usually keeps on each child but rather their classroom tests (reading tests, math chapter tests and checkpoints, science tests, etc.).  Each folder could have tabs for each subject.  Whenever a test is completed, I could add it to each kids' binder and the parents could sign off on it.  There could be a sheet at the front to document.  It would go home on Friday and come back on Monday.  It would be a great study guide to review what we have learned AND it would be a wonderful tool for filling out those checklists...

Just a thought...

www.mycutegraphics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate helpful and productive feedback. Kindness counts!

Join Me in Spreading Literacy

Join me in an effort to spread literacy by posting pictures of your pets, cute animals, or natural backgrounds with the word “Read” written ...