Classroom Picture 1




For some reason, I am unable to post more than one picture at a time on the blog so I have to create a few pages instead of just the one.

In the top left corner is my number line.  It wraps around the room from 0-100.  The colorful rectangles on the right are part of my word wall.  The empty board on the left will be my math word wall and the one on the right will be my Accelerated Reader Reward Board.  I think I will have "Dino"mite readers this year.

Most people tend to have a theme for their decorating.  I do not have one distinct theme.  If I had to pick one it would be animals.  I just like too many things to narrow it down!

It's hard to see but the chalkboard is covered by a sheer curtain with sparkles.  That is my "We Shine in First Grade" board.  I found this 5 Star Listeners poster that I just love.  I am going to use it daily and have the kids evaluate their own listening.  "Are you a three star listener or a five star?"  I also have the Star Student poster where the name of my student of the week will be displayed.  Every week I pick one student of the week and they get to do show and tell on Friday.  The class writes friendly letters to that student and I staple them together into a book.  The student of the week gets to shine and share and the others learn how to listen, ask questions, give compliments, and write a thoughtful letter.  At Target I found a seat cover that says Star Student.  I can't wait to let the student of the week use it!

It's hard to see but on the counter I have storage bins, a recycle bin, a bin of clipboards, student mailboxes and teacher supplies.  The white trays hold writing paper and copy paper.  To the left of those trays is a desk organizer with construction paper stored in it.

My mini refrigerator sits beside the sink.  Above the sink, I store all my craft/art materials and other necessary supplies.

The blue door is our bathroom.  I have our owl helper chart on that door.  (There is no wasted space in my room!)

Inside the cabinets (covered by curtains), I have reading supplies, math centers, paper, science supplies, and more paper.

The tubs between the student desks are strategically placed.  Inside are manipulatives (e.g. cubes, pattern blocks, base ten blocks) and supplies (glue, dry erase markers and erasers).  There is one tub for ever for to five students, one per team.  On top, I put the dry erase boards, mini trash cans, and a book basket.  One helper from each team is the materials manager for their team and they pass out, collect, and organize the materials.  I try to have everything we regularly use readily accessible.  I don't like wasted time just about as much as I like wasted space!

Finally inside the bright green tub is scrap paper.  I try to help my students make environmentally conscious decisions.   Part of that is teaching them to recycle and reuse materials.  Scraps of construction paper do not need to be thrown out, they can be turned into bookmarks, notes, art projects, and so on and so forth.

Back to Home Page 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate helpful and productive feedback. Kindness counts!

Join Me in Spreading Literacy

Join me in an effort to spread literacy by posting pictures of your pets, cute animals, or natural backgrounds with the word “Read” written ...