Back to Work Babbles

Tomorrow is GO time!  Summer vacation is over.  The next week will be full of meetings, planning, and decorating.  On Friday I get to meet my new class family for the year.  It's an exciting time.  The next few days will be a flurry of activity.

At my school, we have a wonderful PTA.  They really spoil the teachers.  It is the first time I have worked in a school where the parents are so involved.  Tomorrow the PTA puts on a welcome back breakfast.  It will be a time when everyone comes together and celebrates the new school year.  We share about our summers and wrap our minds around all the things we have to do.

After the PTA breakfast, we will have out first meeting then we work in our rooms.  I'm glad that I came in before school started.  All my furniture is placed and most of my boards are up.  When I get into my room tomorrow, the first thing I am going to do is make a list of what needs to be done.  I will then prioritize what I have on that list. 

I know writing the welcome letter will be at the top since that needs to be sent out in the next couple of days.  I also need to make sure I have everything I need for orientation and the all important first day. My grade level team will probably meet in the afternoon tomorrow.  It's always helpful to bounce ideas off of each other.  I have a wonderful first grade team. 

Luckily at the end of the year last year, I had copies made for the first week back.  That is a big help because the laminating machine and copier are in high demand during preschool.  It is often hard to get on during the regular day.  I plan on hiding out in my room as much as possible so I can get as much done during the actual work hours as possible.  In the past I stayed relatively late but with my new baby, I want to make getting home at a decent time a priority this year.  I think I will start by updating my citizenship plan and rethinking the "moola" store (that is how I do my treasure box)...after I make my new "to do" list of course.

Are you ready to be back to work?  This is the first year that I am not.  My baby girl just turned four months old today.  She is growing so fast.  I am afraid I will miss something.  I am blessed that my husband and my mom are able to watch her in shifts.  She will be with loved ones but I have been so spoiled having all the mommy daughter time that I did this summer. 

If you are a mom I would love to hear some tips on how you balance both work and parenting.  It's a new adventure for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate helpful and productive feedback. Kindness counts!

Join Me in Spreading Literacy

Join me in an effort to spread literacy by posting pictures of your pets, cute animals, or natural backgrounds with the word “Read” written ...