Stars, Stars, Stars!

This is just a random post...

I've finally decided on a theme for my room after thirteen years of teaching!  In the past I was a cow fanatic and had some cow decor (not enough to "cow up" the room).  After many years loving cows, I starting adding owls.  Last year my board read "Who's in the Mood for Learning?" Who - Owl and Mood - Cow.  As you can see I couldn't let the cow bit go...

mycutegrapics.com
Well I've decided to slowly revamp my room and do it all in stars!  I even plan to put some glow in the dark stars on the ceiling.  If it wasn't for the fire marshall, I would have sight words on the ceiling too.  I've always wanted to secure a bunch of high frequency words to the ceiling and make a game of turning out the lights and shining a flashlight on the words.  When my daughter gets older I might do this in her room!


I am so excited!  I will post pictures as the transformation occurs.

Next year I want to make goodie bags that read, "First Grade All Star." I will have oodles of star stickers on the tag.  I love that stars are so accessible so I can easily find decorations to continue the theme.

Some possible catch phrases:

You are STARting First Grade!
You shine in First Grade.
Shining First Grade Stars
STARt Reading Every Day to be a Star Reader!
STAR time (independent reading-Stop Talking and READ!)-Not sure if I like this one...because it is great to talk about books.
S-Star Students
T-Try their Best
A-and
R-Read Everyday

I would love feedback and ideas ... anything cute and related to STARS.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate helpful and productive feedback. Kindness counts!

Join Me in Spreading Literacy

Join me in an effort to spread literacy by posting pictures of your pets, cute animals, or natural backgrounds with the word “Read” written ...