Five for Friday (March 1st)


I am so excited to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for another Five for Friday!

1.  Since Read Across America day falls on Saturday this year, my class did our first Book Talk and Walk on Friday.  March 2nd is Dr. Seuss' birthday so to celebrate my class did book reports on Dr. Seuss books.  For the Book Talk and Walk, each child walked the track and shared their book report with two partners.  I chose their partner the first lap and they chose their partner the second lap.  

This activity was a hit!  The kids loved it.  Next week I plan to do a Book Talk and Walk on our reading story (just one lap).  This is such a neat activity because you can use it in just about every subject.  We might even do a science talk and walk to prepare for the test.  The best way to hold the children accountable is to do a quick check where they share what their partner said OR write what their partner said. 

2.  Our unit is Homes so we began our model of a room in our home.  I had the children brainstorm using Step Up to Writings T-Chart.  They make a plan for their walls, floor, and furniture.  Then I gave them a precut file folder to make the room model.  


3.  This must have been project week because we made room models for our Homes unit and Dr. Seuss hats too!  See my new post on Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss to see how to make them.  They turned out cute!

4.  I started my FIRST give away.  It's so exciting to learn new things.  I plan on doing more as I learn what works and what can be improved.

5.  My husband and I had a date night and I got to see a movie!  Since we had our darling daughter we have not had a night with just the two of us.  I take that back I think we may have had one.  It was so fun to dine downtown and then even have time to catch a movie.  It felt like high school.  I was so giddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate helpful and productive feedback. Kindness counts!

Join Me in Spreading Literacy

Join me in an effort to spread literacy by posting pictures of your pets, cute animals, or natural backgrounds with the word “Read” written ...