Friday, March 8, 2013
Five For Friday (March 8th)
I am so excited to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for another Five for Friday!
A couple of my items are more personal and not school related this time.
1. My baby girl WALKED! I mean she took five steps carefully and didn't fall. She is almost 11 months old. I am so excited. She has done this a few times this week. It never ceases to amaze me how much she has learned in such a short time.
2. In my quest to get healthy, I attempted jogging! It felt good to do more than I thought I could. Whenever I undertake something challenging, I try to look at it from a kid's perspective so I can be empathetic to their struggle at times.
3. On a sad note, a friend's cancer came back full force. She is in the hospital. Please pray for peace and relief from the pain. Life is a gift and circumstances can change quickly in either direction. Times like these make me realize that life is unpredictable and that we need to cherish the small moments. Before a child leaves my room I want to make sure he/she knows that someone cares about him/her and that he/she is important!
4. On a lighter note, I saw a mega egg at Target for $3.00. I thought it would be fun to buy it and place a mystery object inside. The children can use it for several writing activities.
They can use their senses to predict what might be inside.
They can write about how the mega egg could be used.
What animal lays mega eggs?
How would you get out of a mega egg?
How many cubes fit in the egg? Explain how you can find out?
What would you do if you saw an egg this size hatching.
Oooo this could be a fun writing center! It could be called the Mystery Egg Center
5. I am liking how I changed my groups so I can meet with everyone every day. I have three groups. The groups are teacher, technology, activity.
With me we work on our reading skills.
Technology includes use of the ipad, ipods, and computers. I would like to also pull in the smartboard.
The activity center changes everyday. Monday it is poetry; Tuesday it is writing (great time for the egg activity), Wednesday is a response to literature or seasonal activity, Thursday is read to self. Friday is choice if we have time to get to stations.
Oh dear... I am nodding off!!! Where does the time go??? As always I would love your feedback.