I am linking up with DoodleBugsTeaching for another fun Five for Friday.
1. Last Sunday, my daughter had her picture taken with the Easter Bunny. It was an experience. She is normally a super friendly little darling...
When she saw the Easter Bunny, her eyes bulged and she let out a blood curdling scream right there in the middle of the mall. She was dressed to the nines but my husband and I were not. We all ended up in the picture. It's interesting. I know we will laugh about it in the years to come.
We were not expecting this because she loved Santa. She brings us so much joy. Every moment is a learning experience around her. I see the world with new eyes.
2. My class made Leprechaun traps today. Since St. Patrick's Day falls on Sunday we did this activity today and will have a treat on Monday. I had the children develop a plan and draw out a draft before commencing. Their materials consisted of a handful of popsicle sticks, scrap paper, and yarn. They could also color the sticks if they wanted. I am definitely doing this activity again! They were highly engaged!
This example illustrates how one student used the yarn to create a rope for the leprechaun to get up on his desk. He hung the rope over the side. Once the leprechaun gets on his desk he will be attracted to the color green, go inside, and get trapped.
In this example the student uses scrap paper to trick the leprechaun. He said that the leprechaun will play in the paper, go inside, and get trapped. (His wood model is underneath.)
This last example shows a model where the child made a house. He said that the leprechaun will like the house he built for him so much that he will stay in there until Monday.
Before I left on Friday, I made a MESS. I tipped over chairs, spread out papers, dumped book bins, put glitter on their desks and inside some of their pencil boxes. Monday morning, I plan on stamping green baby feet (leprechaun feet) on their desks and projects. I am going to leave a note for us to find from the leprechaun stating how much he enjoyed their clever ideas but he was too sly to get caught. He will leave the class a surprise treat.
3. My husband's best friend visited from New York. It was a whirlwind this week. I am sad that he had to go because it is always so fun to hang out. My parents babysat our daughter so my husband and I could go to a movie with our friend. We saw OZ and it was WONDERFUL. I enjoyed so much. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a movie so much.
4. I was unable to access the seller's forum on Teachers Pay Teachers for most of the week. It drove me bonkers. I didn't realize how much I am getting into that site. I need time to make more products for TpT. I hope to make some over Spring Break. (It is the week after next!) I still have to clean house and plan my daughter's first birthday party.
5. Here are a couple of funnies!!! I call them funnies because every time I think about these comments I can't help but chuckle.
ENTHUSIASTIC student comment at lunch: "I figured out what color the Cheeto really is! White. It has orange SaySon on it!
SERIOUS student comment while lining up: "I know how it feels when you put your finger in your eye. It feels like a volcano! It burns."
Student Tattle: "A kid in your class is putting dog poop on the soccer ball." --- This is not really funny but it kinda is. How often do you hear it? NEVER :)
OKAY I guess I have a 6 for Friday this week! I started my first Linky Party! It's where you can post your absolute favorite blog post!