Class Yearbook (Memory Book)


Every year I do a yearbook with my class. I usually start it a couple of weeks before school is out. You can choose to use all the pages or pick the ones you like best to include in the yearbook. In the past, my yearbook was only five pages. 

I also add photographs by inserting blank copy pages where I want the photos to go. The kids glue them in. In addition I add work that I saved from the beginning, middle, and end of the year. This is entirely optional. 

This yearbook can be whatever you want it to be. I’ve even considered having the kids trace their hand and making a picture out of it…just for the memory.

You can copy the pages on colorful paper with black ink or on white paper with colorful ink. Do what works for you. 

I made each page a little different so that the children stay interested.  This year I had the class memory/yearbooks bound at the UPS store.  They made them look like spiral notebooks.  I laminated the front and back covers beforehand.  The manager gave me a special price of $1.25 a book.  They are so cute!

On TpT I am selling my class yearbook/memory book.  The pages included are:
Front Cover
All About Me
My School
My Teacher
Best Friends
Favorite Game
Favorite Memory
Favorite Sport
Favorite Subject
In the Lunchroom
Our Field Trip
Something I Learned
Something Funny That Happened
I Lost __Teeth
People Around School
Dear 25 Year Old Me
Acrostic Poem About School
Poem About School
My Class
Autographs

I hope you enjoy this activity as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate helpful and productive feedback. Kindness counts!

Join Me in Spreading Literacy

Join me in an effort to spread literacy by posting pictures of your pets, cute animals, or natural backgrounds with the word “Read” written ...