Using Apps in the Classroom

I went to a workshop last week where I learned more about using apps in the classroom.  The presenters have a website http://classwithapps.com/.  It has useful resources.

I really liked the app Haiku Deck for creating presentations.  It would be great for back to school night.  You can take pictures of the classroom and the kids, write cute captions and display it for the families.  This app is also great for the kids to use to create a presentation or report.  I was thinking that it would be perfect for science experiments.

They also went over using QR codes in the classroom.  There are many ways that they can be used but I like the idea of using it as a "what to do when you finish your work" activity.  I would like to make 4-5 QR code sheets, one for each reading group.  I wand to make QR codes for apps that would benefit the kids in each group.  It would allow me to differentiate to meet the children's needs.  I could even do this for math.  I'm sure the kids will enjoy scanning the codes.  I only have one Ipad so I have to think of an appropriate management system before implementing...

I went to http://www.the-qrcode-generator.com/ to make this QR code for this Groovy Educator website.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate helpful and productive feedback. Kindness counts!

Join Me in Spreading Literacy

Join me in an effort to spread literacy by posting pictures of your pets, cute animals, or natural backgrounds with the word “Read” written ...