Pickles-A Groovy Cat

                      Click here to see Pickles on YouTube!

Pickles is one of my rescue animals.  I absolutely love my pets.  They are a perfect topic during modeled writing lessons, especially narratives.  I use them to demonstrate how to think about writing.  The kids are engaged when I write about Pickles, Sparky, Cali, Alice, Sadie, Rosie, or Zeus.  They ask a lot of questions and that lead to more detailed writing infused with adjectives and descriptive language. The writing is much more rich in vocabulary and not just "safe writing."    

I made a little thirty second video featuring Pickles the cat.  He was a stray that we saved from under a friend's car while visiting an out of town relative.  My husband didn't want to keep him at first because we had too many animals already (3 cats and 2 dogs).  Somehow Pickles found a way into his heart and now they are bonded.  Pickles is definitely his cat but sometimes Pickles makes his rounds.  When I was filming my very first YouTube video, Pickles made a surprise appearance.  I decided to make this little 30 second video. This blog, YouTube channel, Facebook page, and Pinterest board are a work in progress, always evolving, always growing.  I appreciate any and all constructive feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate helpful and productive feedback. Kindness counts!

Join Me in Spreading Literacy

Join me in an effort to spread literacy by posting pictures of your pets, cute animals, or natural backgrounds with the word “Read” written ...