The Daily 5, like totally!




Daily 5 

the2sisters - Boushey and Moser are the 2 sisters that created the Daily 5.
If you have not read this book I highly recommend it.  You can purchase it on Amazon (click here).  During the reading block, the Daily 5 system simplifies centers by getting back to the basics:  read to self (independently), read with a buddy, listen to reading, writing, and word work.

The "I Love First Grade" Blogger has some useful resources on her Teachers Pay Teachers website.  Click here to check out her resources.

I absolutely love this idea on the "first grade Fanatics" blog.  They incorporate new technology into the listening center by using iPod shuffles.  Check out their page!
I was so inspired by their post that I went to DonorsChoose.org to request funding in order to implement this idea in my classroom next year.  Please read over my project request at http://www.donorschoose.org/MrsLowery.

On







              


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate helpful and productive feedback. Kindness counts!

Join Me in Spreading Literacy

Join me in an effort to spread literacy by posting pictures of your pets, cute animals, or natural backgrounds with the word “Read” written ...